RE: A good way to ward off those pesky tailgaters

When I was driving my Bug daily, I was running a Pacesetter exhaust for a
year or so.  Piece of junk, but it allowed me to talk people into backing
off very effectively.  The exhaust was poorly made, and it didn't seal very
well at all connection points.  I noticed on dark night that when I released
the accelerator and allowed the engine to brake the car a bit, the loud
backfiring was accompanied by a bright orange flash.  From that point on, I
used that to my advantage, and whenever I was being tailgated, I would just
take my foot off the gas and wait for the flames to shoot out of my
tailpipes.  Then I would watch the tailgater get smaller in my mirror.  Very
effective, but it's not easy to do that unless you're driving an ACVW.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating
'87 Nissan truck - Soon to be for sale