Re: A good way to ward off those pesky tailgaters

The only real solution to the tailgater problem is to eliminate it!  I
personally like surplus Stinger missiles mounted under the rear bumper.
You have to be careful when going around curves that you don't
accidentally take out a house or an appartment building...  That, and I
can't seem to keep the exhaust from the missiles from burning off my
undercoating...

...OK, so at what point does one go from sublime to ridiculous?

*responsible driver mode on*

Don't get me wrong - I get more than my share of tailgaters driving a 52
hp diesel every day, but they are _behind_ you after all.  Lobbing
projectiles or belching flammable liquids at the offenders will simply
make you as much or more of a hazzard to traffic than they are.

I think it's all well and good to bench-race against these traffic
menaces, but in practice defensive driving generally results in lower
insurance rates... (unless you have lousy luck...)  I tend to take the
approach that I am now driving for two morons instead of just one, and
will increase my following distance from the car in front of me (there
must be one up there _somehwere_) to account for this fact.  If the
asshole behind you rearends you, you don't want to be so close to the car
in front as to be driven into _their_ rearend!  Of course this is not so
practical if you get rearended by someone who is doing 100mph in a 30mph
zone... :0

*responsible driver mode off*

Now, can someone send me the plans for that hydrogen injection system so I
can belch 40 foot rooster tails of flame out of the back of my car...?

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 DNK006@aol.com wrote:

> hey, just remember... if you see a VW emblem don't shoot!!!  anyway, this is
> what one of my uncles inveted (he drives a Rabbit diesel).  Aim the rear
> washer straight back (never use it anyway).  Fill it with WD-40.  They will
> never get that stuff off their wind-screens!!!!  Can you say 'rainbow vision'

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca