Re: Shocks/Struts/Coil Over Kits Info

I don't have the ground control kit on my car; I'm currently running Eibach Pro Kit/Boge's (haven't installed the Bilsteins yet).  I know when I had the Boge's installed, it was a b*tch!  After installation, I was running the vehicle around the block and then the rear of the car made a "clunk" noise, I was suddenly a "low rider",  and something started rattling.  I pulled over and found the rear driver side shock had come clean through the housing.  The passenger side one was simply holding on for dear life.  I took it back, needless to say, and the mechanic spent a good hour putting them back on.  He said something about the internal shock/strut threading of the Scirocco coming off with the OEM shocks.  Who knew?  Anyway, ended up putting on a different size washer/nut/whatever and the car's been fine since.  I'm really dreading having the Bilsteins swapped in because I know I might have the same problem again, but at least this time I can tell the mechanic what happened last time.  Oh well......

Steph