Re: Back-up light switch

Actually, I believe according to the dealer (and the Bentley) that only
one switch pin config is produced any more, and it is necessary to modify
the wiring harness (trivial) to accomodate it, if necessary.  I don't know
if it is mentioned in the Scirocco 85+ Bentley - it is in the A2 Bentley.
I know that the last time I ordered a switch from VW (about 4 months ago)
only one part was available.

Drew

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Chris DeLong wrote:

> The issue with getting a switch with wrong pin config. is not that they aree
> different it is that there are a few (3 I think) versions. If you got the
> wrong switch then youneed to go back and gget thee right one. This is a very
> common mishap. Please do not reconfigure your pin locations it makes thee
> mechanics job a lot harder when and if hee has to wokr on the car.
> >
> >Replacement involves 2 11mm(?) 12 point bolts or 2 8mm/9mm(?) hex bolts,
>
> 9mm six point hex bolts. American rabbits have Torx bolts.
>
> HTH
>

> Chris

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca