Wiring up some amps and relays

Hi all,

	So I've got a week off next week and the SO is heading down to visit her
mother.  Sounds like a perfect time to hang out in the garage, 'huh?  So the
plan is, I'm going to wire up the stereo the way I've wanted two.  I've got
two amps that I'm going to put in the back and hook up to the stock head
unit.  The amps will drive the four corners and the small sub that I'm going
to install in the spare tire well.  I was thinking I would run power and
ground using a heavy gauge wire to a pair of posts that I'll put in the
hatch somewhere and connect the amps, the CD changer, and possibly the Fuba
to the posts.  Here's my thought... I want the power to the back to switch
on with the stereo.  I thought I'd use a relay with the switch hooked up to
the power line that integrated in the antenna wire and connected to the
Fuba.  That way, when I turn on the stereo, power runs through the antenna
wire power, trips the relay, and everything lights up.  So here are the
questions for the more electrically/stereo inclined than myself (that's most
everyone here), does this sound like a decent idea or am I missing the
point?  If I do use a relay, does it make more sense to install it close to
the battery (the power source) or close to the posts (the destination)?
Does it matter since all I'm trying to do with the relay is to keep all of
the power from passing through the switch?

On a some what different note, when I install the sub in the back, I'm going
to create a false floor.  I thought I might install the amps *under* the
false floor for a more stealth approach (I'm big on stealth).  Do you think
installing a few vent holes and a small fan (like from a computer) to keep
the air circulating will provide enough cooling power on a 2-channel and 4
channel amp (both 40w/channel)?  They're not spectacular amps, but they're
not crap (MOSFET, built in x-overs, speaker input, supposedly encased to
keep cool).

Any info would help.  TIA.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v