Re: Wiring up some amps and relays

I set these up by having the relay under the dash and running a heavy power line to
the back. This is powered off the battery, not the fusebox.I hadn't thought about
having the relay in the back. I set my relay up to the key signal to the chimes.
This way I have the key in to run the radio and take out the key to shut it off.I
run the radio off this relay also. MAKE SURE TO HAVE A FUSE AS CLOSE TO THE BATTERY
AS POSSIBLE!!!!   This the fuse blows and not the electrical system.
I then have a switch in the dash  running from the power antenna(blue) lead from the
radio to the amp. This way you can run the radio with no amp.
I don't think those amps will get hot enough to worry. The fan should move enough
air. Just make sure that the heat sinks are clear.
John