Re: Bad ignition switch?

In a message dated 12/18/00 8:50:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bronson@inwave.com writes:

<< I've been having problems with it, like when the car is running my lights
and wipers won't work unless I jiggle the key.
 Is there anything I can do aside from replacing the ignition switch? >>
  My 77 sprung this on me this morning, no headlights, no heater fan. Tried
jiggling the key, but no dice. Previously that helped, but it must be too far
gone now. I'm going for the switch.

<< By the way, the key I got with my car is a copy, and hasn't worked well
 since I got it.....>>
  If your key was copied like mine, from a worn out key, the effect should be
more along having to wiggle it to get it to unlock. The lock cylinder is
seperate from the switch, so if you can drive, it's not likely the key.

 Carl
77rocco
89fox