From: Timothy A Reed
To: jlagnese@cybertours.com
Cc: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Sent: 12/18/00 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: engine swap

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:14:27 -0500 John Lagnese
<jlagnese@cybertours.com>
writes:

> 87 GTI engine with tranny 120K $300 private sale. Says its an 8V, but
> were there 87 GTI w/o 16V?

I don't think there was an 8v GTI per se, but there was something called
the Golf GT that VW produced around then.  It had a 1.8 8v with
something
in the neighborhood of 100-105 hp.

-Timothy A Reed, Esq.
t.a.reed.esq@juno.com
Moses approached the thick darkness where God was
Exodus 20:21

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

--