RE: oil pressure buzzer....

Yes, it could be the pressure senders. One is for high pressure, and the
other is for low pressure. At a certain cross-over point, the oil pressure
warning system switches from reading one to the other. In my case, it wasn't
dependent on engine RPM, but was somewhat predictable by engine load. If one
of the sensors is "sticking", you'll get the problem you describe.

A "real" oil pressure gauge is a good idea. Get the VDO gauges and panel
from an Audi (4000?). You can cut out the ashtray and either trim the Audi
panel to fit (looks OK) or buy Greg's panel from http://www.driversfound.com
(looks like it was always meant to be there). You just have to wire up the
oil pressure gauge and the volt meter, presuming you already have the
coolant temp gauge like me.

DO NOT FORGET to get the dual-sending unit from the Audi (or a new
replacement). It will let you wire in the new pressure gauge without
distrubing the existing system. The sender replaces the rear one (closest to
the block...the high pressure sender??), but the dualie won't fit back
there. Move the front sender to the rear and install the Audi sender in
front.

Neal