Re: I just an 87' 16V

>From: "Bobby Griffin" <strtstr@mediaone.net>

>The hood seems to be sitting askew and is rubbing against the front left
>fender near the windshield. is there an adjustment for that?

Yes, the hood is held on by 4 bolts (2 on either side) to the "hinges".
these can be loosened to align the hood. I'd be concerned about a collision.

>Now I get in the car and start driving, well i thought the thing was loud
>while sitting in the driveway, but when I took off...HOLY MOLY!! >Is a
>Scirocco supposed to sound like this?

They're definitely not _that_ loud. Check for leaks, dead muffler, rubbing.
Also is the system stock or aftermarket (some aftermarket mufflers are LOUD)

>Now....here's the scariest thing, the tranny will throw itself out of >5th
>and back to neutral.

Probably the linkage bushings are worn. Do you have a lot of play in the
shifter. It's probably not all the way in gear. Or you don't have any gear
lube in there, that will do the same thing.

>Also, the steering is sooo easy to turn, almost too easy. What could cause
>that?

power steering

>and lastly, on the way to work today, this wierd grinding noise started
>behind the instrument cluster in my dash. it was freezing outside,

yeah, that happens when it's cold out. You can take out the cluster and lube
up the gears inside if you feel motivated.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8