I just an 87' 16V

I picked it up lastnight 3.5 hours from where I live and made the trip straight back. Now I have a few things that are concerning me about the car and I just want to bounce them off all you experts out there. I had two different 85' roccos, but this 87' 16v is a bear of a different color all together.

So I get the car...it looks great, front bumper pushed in at the corner and rear bumper way pushed in at corner. No biggie, I can work that out. The hood seems to be sitting askew and is rubbing against the front left fender near the windshield. is there an adjustment for that?

Now I get in the car and start driving, well i thought the thing was loud while sitting in the driveway, but when I took off...HOLY MOLY!! Is a Scirocco supposed to sound like this? It is absolutely ridiculous. I got under the car and found no leaks and felt the noise was definately comming out of the end. There is a little Y shaped dual muffler thingamajoo that might be making all this racket? It is downright embarrasing. Any tips would be hugely appreciated.

Now....here's the scariest thing. Driving while in the city, the car starts off a bit sluggish, but is fine until I get it tuned and such, but when I get up to about 70 on the highway and it only happens in 5th gear, the tranny will throw itself out of 5th and back to neutral. Now this has also started to occur with my hand on the shifter, but it is so slight, that it just makes a tiny "thump" sound that can be felt throughout the car, but it doesnt slip out. my clutch seems to have alot of room for down travel until it actuqlly starts to work, does that make a difference? I just have no clue about this sort of thing, would hate to have to get a new tranny so soon.

Also, the steering is sooo easy to turn, almost too easy. What could cause that?
and lastly, on the way to work today, this wierd grinding noise started behind the instrument cluster in my dash. it was freezing outside, so I just tapped on it and thumped it all the way to work...no change, but then i come out to go to lunch...noise gone?

ok one more thing....it didnt slip out of gear pnce on the way home from work..did about 80 for about 15 minutes, maybe it has to be hot?

Sorry to throw such a long message up, but I am already in love and concerned about my new baby.

thanx a bunch all

Bobby G
strtstr on AIM
30874199 on ICQ