Tech (Cold start Valve operation)

OK,..yesterday I figure out my cold start valve isn't opening on my 78
rocco.  Therefore she won't start.  I have two extra cold start valves that
I was *pretty* sure worked fine.  I put both on today,.....crank the car
over with the thermo-switch jumped and no spray.  So I took the valve off
completely and just ran the fuel pump.  The line dumps plenty of fuel.  So I
check as per Bentley the cold start valve operation again.  The test light
lights when the cold start valve plug is actuated by the
starter/thermo-switch.....So my question now is....do I have three bad cold
start valves or is there some pre-set pressure that must be present in the
fuel line for the injector to actually spray fuel?
Any and all help appreciated,
Chris