Re: I just an 87' 16V

In a message dated 12/18/00 4:11:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
strtstr@mediaone.net writes:

Now....here's the scariest thing. Driving while in the city, the car starts
off a bit sluggish, but is fine until I get it tuned and such, but when I
get up to about 70 on the highway and it only happens in 5th gear, the
tranny will throw itself out of 5th and back to neutral. Now this has also
started to occur with my hand on the shifter, but it is so slight, that it
just makes a tiny "thump" sound that can be felt throughout the car, but it
doesnt slip out. my clutch seems to have alot of room for down travel until
it actuqlly starts to work, does that make a difference? I just have no
clue about this sort of thing, would hate to have to get a new tranny so
soon.

The trans is low on gear oil. Check it, and if you're lucky you won't need a
new trans right away.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)