Borla muffler quality?

Has anyone on the list had any experience with Borla mufflers?  For my next
upgrade I'm planning on getting a Techtonics exhaust system.  I've heard
their cheaper straight-through exhausts (Magna and Ultraflo SS) are too
loud, so I'm currious as to how the Borla sounds.  Are the Borla's worth the
extra $100+?  I was thinking I may get their cheapest system, which I
believe is not a straight through design (super-turbo muffler) so it would
be quieter, albeit with slightly less hp gain.  I'm guessing the Borla would
last longer seeing that it is made of stainless steel.
BTW, this car is my daily driver, and I plan to start autocrossing it soon.

Shawn Rader
'81 Rocco S