Re: Borla muffler quality?

For the record, the borla is a little quieter than the
straight through tt system, but not much.  Definately
not $100 quieter.  Fyi, this was on a 16v rabbit
conversion.  The tt straight trough systems are much
better (soundlevel wise) on 8v's.  The sound of the
motor isn't nearly as harsh.  Also, are you running a
cat?  You will be ok running the straigh though tt
with a cat.  It won't be that loud.  I believe most of
the complaints you have heard about tt staight though
exhaust are from 16v's with the race downpipe.  That
set up starts out very quiet, but soon gets ear
piercing.  I wish I could have that set up sound like
the day I put it on.  I have since changed rear boxes
to a flowmaster and had better luck with the local
police.

hth
Tony