Re: exhaust sys

>No I haven't put it in yet but some friends of mine are gonna do it
>for me if I decide to go on with te swap. The part with the block
>and the wiring is clear but if I have buy a complete new exhaust
>system it would be too expensive.
>
>That's why I ask you guys for advise. and if I understand it correct
>the MK2 16v will be fittable (with some adjustions).
>
>Greetings from Holland
>
>Peter Bol

The Mk2 Scirocco 16v system will fit your Mk1, except for the muffler
probably as Jim Jarrett pointed out.  The A2 16v exhaust will not fit,
as the exhaust manifold outlet is slightly offset in the A2's, while
the A1's are centered.  You'll need a Scirocco 16v exhaust manifold
and A1 16v downpipe (Scirocco 16v stock, or maybe a Techtonics race
downpipe?).  Alternately, you could use a header from Techtonics, BMS,
Eurosport (think them make one) or Supersprint.  Money varies naturally.

good luck with your project.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net