Re: What is it with me and bum 'roccos???

Nate Mellom wrote:

> All I've ever heard is that VWs are very reliable, strong, and tend to
> live long lives.  But both of my VW experiences have proven that to be
> not so true.

Huh?

That's a 19 year old car.  Who knows when the last time the CV joints were
replaced, whether a PO let them deteriorate after having boot(s) go bad,
etc?  If you buy a 19 year old anything, problems like this are to be
expected, unless the PO has done meticulous maintenance - and we all know
most (by far) haven't.

When I bought my 'roc, I wound up needing to put a ton of cash into it
right from the get-go, most of which was unexpected.  I've now driven
it 35k miles since, and it's been absolutely bulletproof reliable.

Weed out all the problem areas, get her fixed up, and enjoy the ride.
It may be a hassle and a pain in the wallet at first, but you CAN have
a reliable Scirocco!   :D

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0