Re: What is it with me and bum 'roccos???

  An 84 and an 81? Those are not very young cars :-)

  I bought my 84 new. The first 5 years were uneventful. Then things
started breaking. The worst part was when I bought a Jetta in 96, that
upset the Rocco so much it threw a temper tantrum and started demanding
new brakes, clutch, shocks, rack&pinion, etc.

  It is still in its teens, but more sedate now. This year, I only had
to pay a tune-up in the spring and gas. It has been a money pit, but I
was very happy I did not send it to the wreckers 4 years ago.

  Keep the faith, baby :-)

	Jean-Claude
	84 8V (in hibernation)
	96 Jetta GLS