RE: [comment] VWoA...WTF?

> Brasilian VWs, as
> with branches of many car companies that are located in developing
> countries, are not the things that Americans as a whole want
> to drive.  Can

During my first year of college, there was a guy from Brazil in my dorm.
Back home, he had something about equivalent to a Geo Metro, which was a
really nice car there.  Incidentally, when he got here, he needed a car.  He
went to the local Dodge dealer and drove a Neon.  He asked the salesman how
much and wrote a check for that amount.  Easiest commission that salesman
ever made.

The Fox was a Brazilian VW that they started selling in the US when VW's US
market share was almost nothing and getting worse.  While I see a fair
number of them on the road, I don't think that's what saved VWoA.  Look at
it compared to other cars in its class - it's kind of wierd by American
standards.

I'd love to have a new Kombi - from the specs, it looks like they're using a
fuel injected Type 1 1600 in those.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle