Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 15:44
Subject: Re: [comment] VWoA...WTF?

In a message dated 12/14/00 12:23:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
res00v06@gte.net writes:

I have a general comment here regarding VWoA...
Why is it that all the really cool VW's are not being sold here in the USA?
I mean, I can get a Jetta, Golf, Passat, or Vanagon. Why can't we get cool
cars like these...

http://www.volkswagen.com.br/frmset.phtml?id=4

...I mean, I LOVE my Scirocco, but I'd like a Saveiro, that's one cool-ass
truck! And with proper marketing would provide stiff competition to that
market.

The answer is simply, VW has their head up their ass. They are trying to
compete against more expensive cars in the US and couldn't give a rats ass if
the "enthusiast" might want something a little different. What I wouldn't
give for a L upo,...but will they ever bring us anything that cool? doubtful.
Instead they think americans only want big cars, that's why the Golf is
almost the size of a minivan now and has lost most of it's agility. The GTI
is a joke, and has totally r un off course from what it once was and intended
to be. How much does a Lupo cost in Germany, anyway? Maybe I can bring one in
through Canada. Ok....that's my rant.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)