Re: Cams, Autoblech vs. Schricks

In a message dated 12/13/00 11:15:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vfarren@rrs.cdie.org writes:

<< Cams in question are the:

 Schrick 260/276 combo from Velocity

 OR

 Autotech Sport 16v cams (the ones they say are better than the
 Schrick 260s).  I know Autotechs reputation so I am taking their claim
 w/a grain of salt. >>

Well.. with Autotech's current sale going on those cams are $320 if price
makes any difference...

If you living in an emissions monitored area, you may also prefer the
Autotech set, as the staggered Schrick combo, in Jeff Moss' words, "pukes out
great gobs of hydrocarbons".

I had serious reservations about Autotech cams-- there is a lot of negative
things said about them on the net, about their going flat and such.

But then I looked at the 16V euro intake cam that Colin Gyenes sold me last
April at the Puyallup Spring meet--- it is stamped "AST"

If Techtonics sells an Autotech cam, that is all the endorsement I need.

Even though Schrick is generally regarded as "cream of the crop".

Great topic, Victor-- I've been toying with exactly the same decision myself,
and I hope you get some definitive answers.

Danny
81 Caddy 2 liter 16V Motronic
Mk1 Scirocco (soon)...