Re: Cams, Autoblech vs. Schricks

BFDEIHL@aol.com wrote:

> Great topic, Victor-- I've been toying with exactly the same decision myself,
> and I hope you get some definitive answers.

I started my quest for a worked head and cam(s) way back in June.  I just
got word from Collin that the original head he began working on cracked,
and he's currently finishing up a second one for me, that should be done
"over the holidays".  At the rate this has moved along, I'm hopeful for
having the stuff in place for ND next May...  :0   In defense of Collin,
Ron Wood didn't get the core head up to him till MUCH later than he
originally told me he'd be able to.  Anyone who knows Ron understands..

At Collin's suggestion, I am going with just a euro intake cam, based on
my desire to keep as much bottom end as possible.  I currently have a 2-liter
bottom end with stock 2-liter head, original CIS-E, original intake, TT
exhaust, and generic cat welded up to a leaky downpipe (at the flex joint).
Along with the worked head, I'll be getting a TT downpipe/cat, the euro
intake cam, adjustable cam sprocket, TT fuel enrichment module, and my
<now polished> 50mm intake that I got from Dirk way back last summer will
finally get out of my living room and under the hood.

Can't wait!!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0