Re: Removing front swaybar improves handling??

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:53:23 -0800 Randy Block <RandyB@E-Risk.com>
writes:
> Peter writes:
> I run a stock 16.5mm front bar and a 28mm rear bar on my '83 GTI,
> and it seems to be a pretty good combination.
>
> *****That sounds like an interesting setup, I'd like to try it at
> some point.
> Is the oversteer predictable or does it snap?
It is very predictable, it hasn't snapped yet...

> What tires/springs/shocks/camber/toe are you running?
RE-71 195 50 15 / 16V Scirocco springs / Bilstein Sport / stock settings.

> I thought the stock front swaybar for the A1-GTI/16V Scirocco was a
> 19mm.
> Is the A1-GTI/16V Scirocco a 16.5mm?
Yes.

> Was there a stock 19mm? I
> believe the one I have is stock and is 19mm.
Not that I know of, but Autotech has a 19mm, that uses the factory
brackets.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"