Re: Removing front swaybar improves handling??

I am currently running Griffin Autowerke springs, Tokico struts, Neuspeed
upper and lower strut bars, Neuspeed Sways 25MM front bar and 28MM rear bar,
4K with a Quaiffe, and ATS Cup's 14X6 185/60-14 on my 78 Scirocco.

My car handles flat on long turns (i.e. onramps, off-ramps) but on short
turns (i.e. street corners) if I get on it the rear-end comes around.

I have out maneuvered a few BMW's, Supra turbos, in handling on the freeway
and in light traffic. I even went head to head with a T-Bird and beat him
from stop light to stop light for about six of him.

The only thing I plan on doing to my suspension is replace the springs with
some different springs to bring the front down about an 1".

My brother who builds Winston Cup cars, Winston Super Trucks, and other race
cars recommends a front sway bar of different sizes depending on the track
and conditions.
I also know that Indy cars do not run sway bars because they run a totally
different style of suspension and run stiff as hell springs and struts.

No front bar depends on your driving ability I guess.

Just my .02
Masun Dixon
78 Scirocco