Re: Recall info

> Questions:  a) How do I know if my '81 has been checked on for the
> recall, and b) if it hasn't, is there a 'statute of limitations' on
> recalls?  Or could I still take it in and have them check it out?  Not
> that I'm worried, but.....
> Thanks,
> Nate
> '81

The recall is too old, VW doesn't have the relocation part anymore.  It
was a really simple part though.  I made my own fuel pump relay relocation
on one Scirocco.  Another had the recall done with the part mentioned, but
it really wasn't as good of a design as what I had come up with.  The
recall was just a bandaid.  Fix the real problem.  Instead of putting all
the power for the fuel pump through the fuse box, do an external relay to
direct battery power and use the old fuel pump power wire as the "trigger"
for the new relay...thats what I did...and the 1980 rocco is still going
strong (Takes Katy to work and back every day without a hitch).

Eric

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress, soon to be
              Katy's stylin ride)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car, going going gone...)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox