Recall info

I got this off of the aforementioned web site, and I now own a '81.
Thing is, this exact thing happened on my '84, and I know a couple
others out there have had a similar problem, but it didn't come up for
the '84.  I'm talking about the fuel pump relay problem, sometimes it'll
just up and quit with no symptoms or cure, it just starts up again.

Questions:  a) How do I know if my '81 has been checked on for the
recall, and b) if it hasn't, is there a 'statute of limitations' on
recalls?  Or could I still take it in and have them check it out?  Not
that I'm worried, but.....
Thanks,
Nate
'81
'84

Report Date: December 12, 2000 02:43:28 PM

              NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 83V117000
              Component: FUEL:FUEL INJECTION:ELECTRICAL:ACCUMULATOR
              Manufacturer: VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA,INC
              Potential Number of Units Affected: 930000

Year: 1981
Make: VOLKSWAGEN
Model: SCIROCCO
Manufactured From: SEP 1975 To: AUG 1982
Year of Recall: '83
Type of Report: Vehicle
     THE FUEL PUMP MAY STOP FUNCTIONING WITHOUT WARNING. THIS CAN OCCUR
     BECAUSE AN ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR IN THE FUSE PANEL MAY OVERHEAT AND
     INTERRUPT THE ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT.

     DEALER WILL INSPECT THE FUSE BOX AND ITS CONNECTORS FOR CORROSION,
AND
     CORRECT WHERE NECESSARY. A BYPASS ADAPTER TO THE FUEL PUMP
ELECTRICAL
     CIRCUIT WILL BE INSTALLED.

     VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH FUEL
INJECTION.

     SYSTEM: FUEL SYSTEM; ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP.

     CONSEQUENCES OF DEFECT: IF THE FUEL PUMP STOPS FUNCTIONING, THE
ENGINE
     WILLSTALL OR FAIL TO START. A STALLED VEHICLE COULD CAUSE AN
ACCIDENT ON
     THEHIGHWAY.