[Non-Roc tech] Engine flush?

Hola:

	A friend of mine has a car whose oil hasn't been changed in at least two
years (ouch).  When I checked the dipstick, the "oil" had the look and
consistency of Nesquik chocolate sauce (dunno about the taste).

	Would a car like this benefit from those engine flush products that clog
the Pep Boys shelves?  If so, which ones work?  I've heard of using Dexron
II(?) or some sort of ATF to clean out the crankcase and oil passages.  True
or urban legend?  And will any of these treatments cause weakening of the
seals?  Thanks, benton------