[OT] 928 was [driving comparison] Corvette vs Scirocco

I helped a friend drop a Chebby 350 into a 1980 928 shell (the P-car V-8 is
a notorious reliability nightmare).

We dropped in the motor from an 88 IROC Z28 (fuel injected, rated at 220HP)
along with a customized exhaust, and a host of assorted other bits, yeilding
almost 300HP at the wheels on the dyno. This is a nice boost over stock,
without changing the exterior appearance in any way, and returning about 22
MPG hiway, also a nice boost over the Porsche numbers.

While the 928 isn't my favorite shape, this car freakin _hauls_ and came in
under $7500 including the car, motor, parts, and whatever fabrication we
couldn't do ourselves.

My buddy has since put about 60K on the car and it still is an inspiring
drive. I've considered updating this theme with a newer 'vette motor, just
haven't found the right donor 928 to start from.

My point in this is that I highly recommend this approach to a 928 from
every practical approach - it's cheap, pretty easy, and more efficient
reliable and powerful than stock.

$0.02

Christian
stuff...