Re: TECH Q: Throttle body bolts

In a message dated 12/2/00 10:34:01 AM Pacific Standard Time, Cmr446@cs.com
writes:

 I'm swapping out the MKI TB with a MKII, already have a MKII manifold so
won't have to widen the inside of the flange.  I got three of the allen
bolts
off with the usual bit of torque, but #4, low and next to the valve cover,
wants to strip it's head. So now what?
My idea is to hammer a 1/4 in allen socket (the 6mm is a Craftsman, go
fig.)
into the near rounded hole and try that. If I'm still stuck, the next step
is
to cut the head (that's going to take some time...), then vise-grip the
remainder. Couldn't do much with it for now as I had to put it all back
together and get to work.

And the last step is to get a big hammer and pound on the throttle body until
the ear breaks off =)

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)