Re: [driving comparison] Corvette vs Scirocco

I owned an 85 vette for awhile...  not quite as much power as an '88, but
still fun.  You mentioned 4 turns lock to lock...  mine was only 2 (while
going straight, only took one full turn of the steering wheel to turn full
right or full left)

I learned that I don't like the combination of stiff suspension, short
sidewall'd tires, and lots of power.  When it would break loose and start to
slide, it did so very violently.  I would call skittish an understatement.

Some of you have been to my hometown of Redgranite, WI (population 1000 or
so).  I think the Corvette is what started the rumors of me being a drug
dealer.  Guy with no job, living in a crappy little house at the end of a
dead-end street, but driving nice trucks, cars, bikes, etc.  Let 'em think
what they want  :)

Next fancy car I want to try - Porsche 928 or possibly a 911

John

lotsa stuff
http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren