New rotors, new pads, spongy pedal

Hi all,

	I just completed the world's longest brake job on the front end of my '86
16V.  Between work, T-giving, and waiting for parts, I believe it took about
5 weeks.  Anyway, I put on new ATE slotted rotors, Ferrodo pads, and bled
the system with ATE Super Blue brake fluid.  Here's the problem.  I took it
out for a spin and the brake pedal is very spongy.  I've not done this level
of brake work on my own before, so is this normal?  Will it get better as
the pads seat into the rotors?  Should I be checking something else?  There
were no bubbles bleeding from the system when I seal it up and I'm not
losing any fluid.  Any info would be helpful.  I need to complete this job
this weekend.  TIA.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II