Re: New owner here...

At 01:57 PM 12/1/00 -0500, rexford booth, iii wrote:
>Thanks for all the help, people.  I have a follow up question.
>
>If I buy a short shifter kit for the Scirocco, will that solve the
slopiness in the shifter as it is now?

>Also, are these people reliable?  They're having a pretty decent sale:
>
>http://www.newdimensions.com/catalog/specials/
>
>Thanks again,
>Rusty Booth

I've heard good things about the ND short shift kit(like it reduces the
side to side throw), but have no personal experience with them as a
company.  Many on the list have and I don't remember hearing negative
things.  As for the slopiness, no, it will not solve that.  You should fix
that and then get a short shift kit if you want one.  A short shift kit in
your car now may make it harder to find gears.

John C. Worden
Wayne, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Overdrive is finished
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear