Speedo is whacked

I swapped the instrument cluster from my '84 into my '82 last night.  Now my
fuel gauge works, but I have to fix my oil warning light, because the buzzer
in this one works too.

The real problem, though, is that today on my way to work, I shifted into
5th at an indicated 70 mph.  I was running just over 2k rpm at that speed,
though, so I think it was more like 50.  I'm also taking corners at 35 that
I used to take at 25-30, and I know I'm not driving faster (haven't
installed the sway bar yet).  What differences should there be between the
'82 and '84 speedos/drive gears/etc.?  How do I go about recalibrating this
thing?

TIA...
Aaron
'82 Scirocco