Scirocco for sale QUESTION

Hey,

I have an oppurtunity to buy a totally clean 88 16v...I mean perfect. It
has:

power windows
fog lights
WORKING sunroof
Leather interior
New Battery
New muffler (stock)
Nice deck

>From what I can tell it needs:

passenger mount
timing belt

I drove it and it is tight and quick....The used car dealer want $ 3500.00
for it (financing available) no, that's not a typo. It had some kind of
warranty too, by I couldn't read it through my drool. My question is this,
since this guy is a VW mechanic as well, would it be worth it to make the
following offer:

Replacement of Mount, and timing belt
Some kind of reasonable warranty
$ 3500.00 ($ 500.00 the rest in payments -- Hey I have the Jetta payment and
the other 2.0 conversion right now)

It still seems way too high for me, but this car is VERY clean...Any
suggestions...Please talk me out of this before my alter Scircco loving ego
makes a financial mistake....uh, where was I...

P.S. I am still continuing with my other 16v 2.0 conversion and progress is
being made :-)

Thanks,
Jason87vw@nac.net