Update on Axle Studs!

For those of you who have or will encounter this problem as I had previously
described, I must say that my dad is a genius.  In fact, he looked at the
broken studs and said to me "I don't see a problem!"

Anyho,  the guy is a genius (I had to add that in a second time).  Albeit I
thought that I was fucked like no tomorrow, all my dad did was drill out the
old studs, all the way through, into the inside of the car.  Underneath the
rear seat there is an access plate which isn't all that visible.  I have
enough space to put a bolt from above.  Hence, I will be having new
stainless steel bolts with locknut washers and the whole nine-yards.  I
don't know if I had mentioned it earlier but......I had broken off two axle
studs.  I hope that this hasn't happened to any one else but here's one way
of correcting it.

Sal

81 Scirocco (16V to be)
84 WOlfie Scirocco (for sale)