cant get my 79 started..

well, i finally got my 79 put back together, but know i am having a problem
getting it started, for one it is wont turn over very fast, i jumped it and
still no faster, so i cleaned all the conections, and it went a little
faster at the first turn over but then stops for like 4 seconds then turns
over again(while being jumped) also i tested it for spark, no spark either,
but there is power going to coil when the key gets turned on and there is
power going to the points, but no spark out of plug wires, so i could only
think of the coil wire to the distributor, tested it with an ohm meter and
there is nothing, can you test these wires with an ohm meter?
I took out the plugs and it turns over fast like it should without plugs in,
but put them back in and still real slow?
what should i look for or do?
thanks for the help
chris