Re: OT: Drag racing types

Your understanding is wrong. It takes 2 variables to win a drag race
(bracket). This is r/t and the other is ET. Both are directly affected by
one another. If you start later than the other dude then you have to beat
him to the finish line. The tree compensates for dial in and therefore if
you both left the light at .003 you would STILL have to be at the finish
line before him to win. Hope this makes sense. I had the same issues on a
previous racing experience.

> It's my understanding that reaction times don't affect ET?  I do know
> now that reaction times count for who gets to the line first.  :-)  Even
> if I had a .500 reaction, my quarter mile time would still would have
> been the same.
>
> -Mike
>
> Nathan Malone wrote:
> >
> > Hey that's not that bad, low 15's are pretty quick (depending on what
you
> > got under the hood), work on that Reaction time and you could be running
> > 14's, and that would qualify as bad ass in my opinion. Especially at
that
> > altitude.
> >
> > Nathan
> >
> > Mike VanAmburgh wrote:
> >
> > > Did a little dragging tonight and don't understand how I got beat.
> > > Here's what the slips say.  BTW, this is bracket racing.  Gimme crap
all
> > > you want about my not-so-fast times, but this was at 4200 feet.  :-)
My