OT: Drag racing types

Did a little dragging tonight and don't understand how I got beat.
Here's what the slips say.  BTW, this is bracket racing.  Gimme crap all
you want about my not-so-fast times, but this was at 4200 feet.  :-)  My
best time was 15.357 @ 89.71.  Not too bad considering the newer
Camaro/Firebirds run 14.8s at this altitude.  I even saw a 87 Grand
National run a 15.02.  Eww.

Me

Dial 15.30
R/T .838  (hehe that sucks)
60' 2.433 (spun 1st and 2nd way too much)
330 6.517
1/8 9.897
MPH 72.71
1000  .000  (that lane wasn't working for 1000' times)
1/4  15.401
MPH 88.80

Other dude (Civic)

Dial 18.43
R/T .574
60' 2.711
330 7.745
1/8 11.861
MPH 59.90
1000  15.469
1/4 18.561
MPH 71.65

I was under the impression that whoever gets closer to their dial in
without beating it or red lighting wins.  He was .131 off his dial and I
was .101 off mine.  Why did I lose?  Did my crappy reaction time come in
to play somehow?  He did reach the line before I did, but I was closer
to my dial in.  Is this why I lost?

I beat a Turbo AWD Eclipse on my first run (practice run) by 3/10ths.
That was fun. :-)  His 60' was 2.190 compared to my 2.372, but I caught
up to him.

It was a fun night, but there was WAY too many people.  I had to wait 2
hours between my runs.  I was there for 4 hours and only had two runs
(knocked out in the first elimination and only had one practice run).

-Mike