Re: OT: Drag racing types

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 00:12:25 -0600 Mike VanAmburgh <vwvr6r@fiber.net>
writes:

>Me
>R/T .838  (hehe that sucks)
>1/4  15.401
>MPH 88.80
>
>Other dude (Civic)
>R/T .574
>1/4 18.561
>MPH 71.65

Its all right thee. He killd you off the line. In order for you to win,
he would have needed to either break out or run +.3 slower than he did.
The difference was off the line. He did cut a great light too BTW.

> Did my crappy reaction time come in
>to play somehow?

(Crap giving mode -ON-)
DUH!

>He did reach the line before I did, but I was closer
>to my dial in.  Is this why I lost?

Thats why. Its not all about being the closest to the dial in, you also
got to figure in the RT.
Also on your tire slipping issues, what tires and what pressures did you
use? Might need to use a lower tire pressure.

>It was a fun night, but there was WAY too many people.  I had to wait 2
>hours between my runs.  I was there for 4 hours and only had two runs
>(knocked out in the first elimination and only had one practice run).

Thats why I like autox better. Much more seat time and you dont sit in
the grid waiting for ever to run.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!