Re: MK1 U.S. Scirocco Trivia

Mark,
I believe you are correct... my 78 was the predecessor to the "S" with only a
4 speed.  I don't recall ever seeing it called a Sidewinder in 78.  I believe
they called it a Sidewinder in 77 though.  In 78 it was labeled the
"Champagne Edition II" and was marketed with the Champagne Edition(metallic
silver with a hint of pink) Rabbits and Dashers.  So does anyone know when
the "Champagne Edition I" came out?  My window sticker also says it has a
"Performance Tuned Suspension". hhmmmmm!

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/