RE: Stone Guards

Hey Guys,  Send em back if they are not right.  They are *very* close
to the Vanagon ones in fact the high beam is the same & the low beam
is 1 inch wider than the Van's.  I checked this on a set of lights &
have the vendor I buy these from cut them 1 inch wider than the
Van's.  And yes they do say Vanagon 86-91 on them because try to
explain to someone in the midwest(where the vendor is) just what a
Scirocco is let alone Scirocco II euro lights & have them marked
correctly to say "scirocco II euro lights". I choose my battles when
it comes to people that just don't get it.  If they are too short
I'll send them back & either get you guys new ones or a sheet if you
want.  I've sold quite a few of them with no complaints but the batch
both of you got were from a recent order so it could be that they
screwed up.  Stop wondering, don't install them & send them
back....I'll take care of it!

Mike

> I also just got these from potterman. They also say Vanagon on them, I
> thought they were cut specifically for the Scirocco euro-lights? I
> went to fit them last night they appear to be 1/8 to 1/4 inch too
> small on all four sides. There is a enough lense showing to make it
> look pretty strange. I think buying a sheet would be much better. I
> havnt decided if I will put them on or not...damn, waited almost 4
> weeks for them to get here. Oh well...
>

> One more completely random question. I ordered some headlight impact
> covers from potterman pre-cut for scirocco 2 euro lights, and he sent
> me 86-92 vanagon covers. Well, they're pretty close, but the vanagon
> main beams aren't as wide, so i'm afraid these are gonna look really
> tacky. Has anyone else got the vanagon ones on and can send me a
> picture to show me how they look? I don't know how "invisible" these
> things really are since they have backing paper on them. I'm thinking
> about seeing if potter will take them back so I can just get a sheet
> of the stuff and cut my own lenses. A better idea?

Michael Potter
AKA: Potterman
www.parts4vws.com
potterman@parts4vws.com