Re: Test drove a bunch of new VW's.. opinions/ideas.......

Hi Gary,

> GTi GLX VR6......... lots of fun, *BUT* very noseheavy. The car felt
> like it wanted to plow around corners, and the beetle would easily

All VR6 GTIs are nose heavy and prone to understeering.  That's just the
natural result of the heavy VR6 engine and the mushy stock suspension.  If
you want to get any flavor of GTI VR6 (be it a Mk3 or Mk4), you should
factor in a suspension upgrade with the purchase price.

> So here are some questions, can anyone reccomend a VW dealer in maryland
> that would go the extra mile for me, and get me a 2 door GLS Golf the
> way I want it? Most try to shove me into a 2 door GLS GTi... but I don't
> want the added insurance/fame that comes with a GTi, I want a sleeper
> golf.... has anyone else ever heard word of this option code PSF? Let me

I live in the midwest, so I have no idea what dealerships are available in
your area.  On occasion, a salesperson from Scott VW in Rhode Island posts
info to the GTI VR6 mailing list, and he seems to know a bit about the sport
suspension package.  His e-mail address is philteves@worldnet.ldnet.att.net
and Scott VW's URL is http://www.scottvw.com/ -- insert standard disclaimer
here that I am in no way affiliated with either Phil Teves or Scott VW, nor
will I receive any compensation for mentioning them, blah blah blah...  If
you wind up in a GTi but want to keep the sleeper factor, just pull off the
GTi badge.  Most people wouldn't know it's not a "regular Golf".

Mike Carlson
'75 Scirocco "Helga" - R.I.P.
'85 Scirocco "Konrad" - Gone but not forgotten
'95 GTI VR6 "Wolfgang" - http://members.home.net/m-carlson/Wolfgang.htm