Test drove a bunch of new VW's.. opinions/ideas.......

So I went and test drove 2 new VW's yesterday and came back in love.

If anyone makes *ANY* comments about a 2001 Beetle GLX being a chick
car, go drive one. OMG, I can't describe how much fun that was...... a
bit heavy, but *FUN*. It handled great, and stopped on a dime. The only
thing I didn't like was the fact that you can't see around the pillars,
which makes it a real PITA to drive around the city...... other than
that it was great. If any chicks drive these turbo beetles, please send
them my way....... 21k sticker price, I could easily talk my buddy down
on it...

GTi GLX VR6......... lots of fun, *BUT* very noseheavy. The car felt
like it wanted to plow around corners, and the beetle would easily
trounce it in that area. The only benefit was the GLX was just as fast
as the beetle even though I had the GLX's A/C on... it didn't have the
high RPM pull that the beetle had though..... for the price a nice car,
but I'm thinking neither, hear me out below........ 23k sticker price,
if I felt like selling my soul ATM I could get an insane deal on a
blowout 2000 in puke green, but blah... no thanks.

Yes, I'm about set on starting to put aside some $$ for a large
downpayment on a new Golf GLS with the 1.8t. A nice blue 4 door one....
why you ask? Easy. It's not noseheavy like the GTi GLX, it weighs less
than the GTI GLS with the 1.8t, and less than the leather equipped
beetle GLX etc. The sticker price on a Golf GLS 1.8t the way *I* want
it? $18820 .....

Damn that's a *VERY* easy choice especially if I can get a 2 door
golf... my buddy at the dealership says golf's only come 4 door now, but
VW has 2 door ones plastered all over their site... I bet with some
searching I can find a dealer who will swing trying to get me a 2 door
golf the way *I* want it. www.kbb.com also says that there is a sport
suspension package available for the golf 1.8t, option code PSF, and
that's it's an extra 200$.... tack that on, and im at a 19k sticker
price on *MY* golf. What's great? it's a complete sleeper, especially if
It's a 4 door........ I don't need a leather wrapped steering wheel, or
shiftknob, or seats. No power glass moonroof either, on more heavy 1200$
package I don't want/need. This is great, now i Just need to find a
dealer who will accomodate my picky mentality. I really want a 2 door
GLS golf 1.8t with the sport suspension package. This is all sorts of
cool, and I'd be willing to bet a fair amount of cash this base model
golf would run circles around a new beetle GLX.... the GLS golf also has
the big 4 wheel disc brakes, a 3.94 final drive in the transmission and
all that while weighing 300lbs less than the GTi.

So here are some questions, can anyone reccomend a VW dealer in maryland
that would go the extra mile for me, and get me a 2 door GLS Golf the
way I want it? Most try to shove me into a 2 door GLS GTi... but I don't
want the added insurance/fame that comes with a GTi, I want a sleeper
golf.... has anyone else ever heard word of this option code PSF? Let me
know what you all think, as I've looked at Civic SI's and many other
cars around the same price... no comparison, that civic was boring and I
see them every 10 feet. Thanks,dan
	Gary "Drooling over a custom 2 door golf GLS with option code PSF" Huff