Re: [8v,tech,horror] Brake Adventures! (long)

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 UrGTI@aol.com wrote:

> For a broken bleeder I would not spend much time attempting to extract it
> since a new caliper is only like 40 bucks .

Exactly -- I ended up buying two new calipers today; nice and shiny!

Thanks for the tip on getting the stuck brake connection unstuck -- I had
no problems at all with torching it. I now have the two new calipers on,
including the braided steel brake lines, and new fluid in. Still seems to
be air in the system though, so I think I'll be rebleeding it tomorrow.
I'm happy though...

Thanks!
Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com