Re: [8v,tech,horror] Brake Adventures! (long)

For a broken bleeder I would not spend much time attempting to extract it
since a new caliper is only like 40 bucks .

Now onto your front brakeline problem . Since you have already rounded the
fitting on the hard line you can try what I have been successful with .
First I cut the rubber line off so there is none showing and use a deep well
socket for that side then I get a large , quality vice grip and clamp it on
as tight as my muscles can muster up . You can try to loosen up now or go one
step further but be warned this one can be very dangerous .
 First put on your safety glasses or better yet face shield (learned that the
hard way and with a bang) and some leather gloves , long sleeves and pants on
wont hurt either . Get a damp towel and keep a fire extinguisher handy too .
Now for the fun part , take a propane torch and heat the part that is
connected to the rubber line . Dont cook it for much more than a minute at a
time or you will get a surprise . You can judge the heat by seeing how much
is being transferred into the vice grip you already put on earlier , of
course dont put on the deep well till its time to untorque or it will consume
all your heat.

Since I live in a heavily salted road area all my cars with the exception of
my CA "S" I have had to resort to this tecnique on all of them . The first
one was where I learned that if you heat it too long the remaining rubber in
the hard piece will explode with the sound of a firecracker and scare the
F#%@   out of ya .

Also you will most likely have a small amount of fire as the remaining fluid
drips out just keep a close eye on it and use the damp towel to keep it at
bay .

DISCLAIMER: this is purely for entertainment dont try this at home :)
Jasin