Re: mirror question

Forgive my ignorance but what are "inner wings"? And the MKI pass-it would
be what we call a Dasher, correct?

There seems to be some confusion here. Doug, werent you saying that only the
European 'Rocco's have manual adjust or did I misunderstand?

I recently completed a G60 to VR6 engine/drivetrain conversion on a Corrado
and had to use a pass-it harness. The stealership who promised us the direct
conversion parts didnt have the parts after we payed them so I had to use
about 3 pass-it harnesses to make the car work correctly.

>It was my impression that the corrado was something of a 'bastard child' so
>to speak - golf based but with bits robbed stright off other models - the
>rear suspension I think is lifted straight out of the MKIII passat. A bit
>like the ur-quattro with its audi 100 front subframe/suspension/brakes etc
>propping-up the rear end and the turbo engine setup lifted straight out of
>the 200 saloon.
>
>Over here passat IIs are a useful source of scirocco mirrors are there are
>a fair number of them in the yards these days so prices aren't too bad. My
>first VW was a 1976 MKI passat which turned out to have parts of the inner
>wings patched with newspaper&mastic papier-maiche (I was too young & green
>to notice when I bought it!). Needless to say it didn't get past it's next
>annual test!
>

>Ewan Hopkins...
>
>'85 Storm 2.0
>'86 GT 1.8
>

>>From: "Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com>
>>To: ewanhopkins@hotmail.com, IDougT@email.msn.com, slynk1@hotpop.com,
>>scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>>Subject: Re: mirror question
>>Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 06:07:22 GMT
>>
>>AFAIK they are the same; that is kinda why I wanted to be sure we were
>>talking about the same car. After you had mentioned it I thought about it
>>and realized that they could inded be identical. Incidentally I have found
>>recently that the Corrado and Pass-it part #'s are mostly the same.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag