Re: mirror question

It was my impression that the corrado was something of a 'bastard child' so
to speak - golf based but with bits robbed stright off other models - the
rear suspension I think is lifted straight out of the MKIII passat. A bit
like the ur-quattro with its audi 100 front subframe/suspension/brakes etc
propping-up the rear end and the turbo engine setup lifted straight out of
the 200 saloon.

Over here passat IIs are a useful source of scirocco mirrors are there are a
fair number of them in the yards these days so prices aren't too bad. My
first VW was a 1976 MKI passat which turned out to have parts of the inner
wings patched with newspaper&mastic papier-maiche (I was too young & green
to notice when I bought it!). Needless to say it didn't get past it's next
annual test!

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8