On Topic and Outta Control

Soapbox Mode On

I too grow weary of deleting 100 messages a day and hoping that every time I
check my mail there will be something from the Scirocco list that isn't
about Rice or where to buy a tool or how not to install a headgasket
properly :-).  Granted I've been working on building Sciroccos longer than a
lot of the list members and have gotten to the point where the little stuff
that breaks is routine to fix by memory.  I havn't opened a Bentley in over
a year and I have every tool I need and then some.  But, I realize that 90%
of you are probably here because it is a great forum for meeting people and
learning about how to both maintain and modify VW Sciroccos.  I stay because
I like to learn and I like to help others with their cars.

That said, it's time to get back in the saddle around here.

Soapbox Mode Off:

Ragtop Update:

My 78 is totally apart for restoration and a major engine swap.  I am
prepping the body for paint, welding a few cracks and rusty spots and
replacing most of the rubber seals.  I am almost done with the fiberglass
repair to my Zender Exclusiv kit and should begin molding it into the body
by mid winter.  The motor is the exciting part though.  I am matching up a
1.8 87 16V Roc head with a 95 golf ABA bottom end.  Yes it's complicated and
will yield only 8:1 compression .......but thats good because it is also
getting a Garret T3 turbo, intercooler and programmable ignition.  Im
shooting for 250+ HP at 15lbs boost.  The car will be streetable if the CA
smog Nazis let me pass with my old certified RD swap sticker.

I am also wiring up a 16V dash, MFA cluster and removing the A/C completely.
Full roll cage and coilovers are on the menu before Capitol Caper 2001.

So that is what Im doing in the 5 minutes a day that work/kids/wife/life
doesn't take up.

What are you doing that's COOL???

Brian Honnold
78 Ragtop 2.0 16V turbo
99 Passat GLX
99 GMC Suburban (soccer mom on cell phone at the wheel)