Re: On Topic and Outta Control

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:30:17 -0700 "Brian Honnold" <bhonnold@pac-cap.com>
writes:
>Soapbox Mode On
>
>I too grow weary of deleting 100 messages a day and hoping that every
>time I
>check my mail there will be something from the Scirocco list that
>isn't
>about Rice or where to buy a tool or how not to install a headgasket
>properly :-).
>What are you doing that's COOL???
>
>Brian Honnold

Its funny when you can think about how important posts like this are.
Then something happens, like having your mother die in your arms. That
really makes this type of post seem like nothing. Not a rag on my buddy
Brian either. In the last week, ive had to deal with my mother being in
the hospital. I come home and turn to this list hoping to find some type
of escape from MY reality. Instead its back to the petty bickering that
even I have participated in and even recently I will admit.

I dunno man. I watched my mother turn blue and stop breathing while I
could do nothing more than cry and agonize over seeing the woman I love
slip away from me. Breast cancer followed by a blood clot in her lung and
a later severe stroke took her from me.

I have a humble idea that we just try and help one another, try to be a
little more sensitive to one another and make the best of life. One more
thing since I have no Rocco content to offer this week. If your mother is
living and you live close enough go visit your mom. GO DO IT. Hug her,
kiss her, thank her for all she has done for you and above all else. Tell
her how much you love her. One never knows how much time you have with
her in this life. I fortunately don't have any regrets but if I took her
for granted and didn't tell her before I lost her, man that would hurt
much more than I already do now. I cant imagine anything worse than what
I went thru yesterday. I hope none of you ever have to lose a parent long
before their time.

Well. I could go on and cry and type some more. But I wont. Sorry for the
wasted bandwidth but I needed to reach out a little tonight.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Saddest, Suffering, Agonizing and the most Heartbroken man in the
world!