Re: Mk2 Shifter lever & sore knuckles

> > > I disagree... when I got my car, there was no perceptable differce
> >between
> > > 1'st, 3'rd, and 5'th. Every time I shifted into 3'rd, i'd bang my
> >knuckles
> > > on the radio console. Every time i shifted into 5'th, i'd bang by
> > > passenger's knee. When i wanted to shift out of fifth, i'd have to lean
> > > forward and grope to find the shifter.

I don't know about banging your knuckles on the radio, but
let me tell you it's practically impossible to replace a CD in the deck
when you're cruising in 5th gear (or 1st/3rd) w/ the stock
lever..............That would be my motivation for cutting the shifter
down (currently I have to downshift to 4th to do it!). Otherwise I like
the positioning of the lever (but HATE the look).
Kareem
'88 16v
'81 S